North Cove Medi Spa | Rachel Scott
I have the wonderful opportunity to meet and photograph all kinds of amazing human beings.
While they are in studio, it is a privilege to learn about their businesses, or the work they do, their family, their interests, and hear a little bit about their story.
Rachel Scott, BA, RPN, Cosmetic Nurse Injector, is owner of North Cove Medi Spa.
A little bit about Rachel, from her website:
Rachel combines her years of nursing experience with her interest in aesthetics to provide the upmost professional care for her clients. Her training with APT institute has given her the hands-on experience needed to yield exceptional results for clients in her care. She prioritizes the well-being of clients while simultaneously helping to achieve their goals. Rachel ensures that all clients that come to North Cove Medi Spa are fully satisfied with their experience.
What inspired you to develop your idea of get into your business?
I have always loved the cosmetic industry- I used to “borrow” my aunts makeup when I was as young as 4 to give “makeovers” to my cousins. Blending my nursing experience with the cosmetic industry just felt natural to me.
How have your priorities changed from when you first started?
Well I’ve always been a bit of an overachiever so I am not surprised that my interest in aesthetics morphed into opening a medical spa.
Knowing what you know now, is there anything you would have done differently when you were first starting out?
I would have trusted that I could do it alone and that I didn’t need any partnerships or affiliations.
What challenges did you have to overcome at the beginning of your journey?
Gaining confidence in my skills, which is something that an injector has to always be working on in order to yield the best results.
How do you define success?
Feeling like your job isn’t work and being able to take time off with family.
What is keeping you up at night?
Just being excited for the next stages of my company.
Describe some of your key routines or habits that you have to keep you going?
I am not a procrastinator; I like to get things done as soon as possible I think this helps to not feel overwhelmed.
Do you, and/or, how do you find time to develop your creative process?
I don’t really have any spare time lol! But I have a path in my mind and I manifest a lot!
What are some hard choices that you had to make to get where you are?
To dig in and not give up, this business was a choice, and I am so glad I made it.
What book and/or podcast are you enjoying right now?
Oh, I listen to way too much true crime podcasts, it’s an addiction!
What is one thing people would never guess about you?
I have had to work hard for everything I have achieved and came through a lot of adversity growing up. I think this makes me a strong person, but I think people assume I had family that helped me or something like that.
What is one thing you wish people knew about you?
That I am very giving, I like to make the people in my life feel special, their happiness is my happiness.
Where can you find Rachel:
In brief, here are some of the services provided by North Cove Medi Spa:
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers are like special injections that help make parts of the face look fuller or smoother. They can be put in places like cheeks, lips, and lines on the face to make them look better.
- Neuromodulators can be used to stop wrinkles and lines by relaxing muscles. They can also help with jaw pain and headaches.
- Intense Pulse Light, or IPL, is a special light treatment that can fix skin problems like redness, veins, and marks on the skin.
- Skin Care Consultation helps people get the right skincare stuff for their skin. Laser Hair Removal uses a special light to stop hair from growing in certain places.
- Platelet Rich Plasma is when a bit of your own blood is used to make your hair grow better.
- "Vampire Facial" is when your blood's good stuff is put on your face to make your skin better.
- Microneedling is a treatment that pokes tiny holes in the skin to make it look nicer.
- PCDC, phosphatidylcholine deoxycholic acid, is a way to make fat in some places go away with special injections.
For more details and updates, visit services provided by North Cove Medi Spa