How to Prepare for Headshots?
- Several outfits that you feel great wearing and more than you think you need, to provide a variety of options to find the best look
- Well fitted clothing, because loose or bagging clothing can be distracting
- Clothes with solid colours and/or limited patterns
- Shirt with long sleeves (and/or a jacket) are better, to avoid the distraction of your skin below the elbow showing
- Ties with simple patterns
- Iron your clothes, please, to help reduce wrinkles
Leave at home:
- Clothes with busy patterns
- Shirts/tops with deep plunging necklines
However, don’t worry about this too much, basically, bring clothes that you love to wear and/or how you would normally dress for an important meeting in your industry.
- Beard – nicely groomed, No beard – clean, freshly shaven
- Trim any “extra” eyebrow or nose hairs
- Keep it simple, natural, and light
- As you normally style/wear it
- Less is better, as jewelry can be distracting
- Bring them, if you have different styles, bring those as well
If you prefer, here is PDF version you can download
Or, watch this 64 second video, and experience a headshot session.