Passport photos | Parry Sound
While I can certainly can take photos that can used for passports, student cards, visas, citizenship cards, firearms license, or other applications, there are other options for photography in Parry Sound, Ontario.
In general, a Canadian passport photo involves following specific guidelines:
- Required dimensions, lighting, and positioning
- Photo is clear, in focus
- Free from any marks or blemishes
- Must also be taken within the last six months
- Neutral expression and directly face the camera
You can either visit a professional photographer (e.g., Peter Istvan Photography), or locations that take passport photos.
Where to take passport photos in Parry Sound?
Here is a list of places you might find by googling "passport photos near me":
- Business Line: 705-746-9305
- Direct Line: 249-266-4264
- 1 College Drive, Parry Sound, Ontario
- Book an appointment online
- 74 James Street, 2nd Floor, Parry Sound, Ontario
- 800-567-6868, 1 800-622-6232 (Toll-free within Canada and the USA)
- Walmart Photo Centre
- 1 Pine Drive, Parry Sound, Ontario
- 90 Bowes Street, Parry Sound, Ontario
How to apply for a Canadian Passport?
- Canadian passports and other travel documents: Applying in Canada
- Changing the name on your passport or travel document
- Help Centre
- Contact the Passport Program
- Check service standards
Photo requirements for Canadian adult passports
Photo requirements for Canadian child passports
Can I take passport photo myself?
If you adhere to the above guidelines.
Things to AVOID:
- Taking the photo in poor lighting conditions
- Using a flash, as it can cause glare or shadows
- Using filters or editing software that alters the photo's appearance or color
- Wearing hats, headbands, or any other headwear that hides your face or hair
- Wearing glasses that have lenses that cause glare
- Wearing clothing with busy patterns/designs
- Standing too close to the camera
- Tilting your head or making any facial expressions
- Taking the photo with a busy or cluttered background
- Finally, avoid submitting a photo that does not meet the specific guidelines and requirements as described above.
If you have any questions, are still looking for a passport photo, or maybe considering something else, send me a note, using the form below.
Peter Istvan Photography
Peter is a professional headshot photographer. Available in studio, or on location. Serving Parry Sound, Muskoka, Sudbury, North Bay, Barrie, Toronto, and surrounding areas.