Passport or PAL photos | Parry Sound
While I can certainly can take photos that can used for passports, possession and acquisition licence (PAL), student cards, visas, citizenship cards, firearms license, or other applications, there are other options for photography in Parry Sound, Ontario. Please note, I cannot print hard copies of your photos.
In general, a Canadian passport photo involves following specific guidelines:
- Required dimensions, lighting, and positioning
- Photo is clear, in focus
- Free from any marks or blemishes
- Must also be taken within the last six months
- Neutral expression and directly face the camera
You can either visit a professional photographer (e.g., Peter Istvan Photography), or locations that take passport photos.
Where to take passport photos in Parry Sound?
Here is a list of places you might find by googling "passport photos near me":
- Business Line: 705-746-9305
- Direct Line: 249-266-4264
- 1 College Drive, Parry Sound, Ontario
- Book an appointment online
- 74 James Street, 2nd Floor, Parry Sound, Ontario
- 800-567-6868, 1 800-622-6232 (Toll-free within Canada and the USA)
- Walmart Photo Centre
- 1 Pine Drive, Parry Sound, Ontario
- 90 Bowes Street, Parry Sound, Ontario
How to apply for a Canadian Passport?
- Canadian passports and other travel documents: Applying in Canada
- Changing the name on your passport or travel document
- Help Centre
- Contact the Passport Program
- Check service standards
Photo requirements for Canadian adult passports
Photo requirements for Canadian child passports
Can I take passport photo myself?
If you adhere to the above guidelines.
Things to AVOID:
- Taking the photo in poor lighting conditions
- Using a flash, as it can cause glare or shadows
- Using filters or editing software that alters the photo's appearance or color
- Wearing hats, headbands, or any other headwear that hides your face or hair
- Wearing glasses that have lenses that cause glare
- Wearing clothing with busy patterns/designs
- Standing too close to the camera
- Tilting your head or making any facial expressions
- Taking the photo with a busy or cluttered background
- Finally, avoid submitting a photo that does not meet the specific guidelines and requirements as described above.
Possession and Acquisition Licence
You can read about applying for your firearms licence.Here is the information listed on the Royal Canadian Mounted Police website for requirement and specifications of submitting your possession and acquisition licence photo online.
- File type: .Jpg or .Jpeg
- File size: greater than 200 kb and less than 6MB
- Dimensions: minimum 280 pixels wide x 370 pixels high
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (Tip: turn the camera so that it is in the 'portrait' position, not landscape.)
- must be less than 12 months old
- must show a full front view of your head and shoulders; head centred, with a clear gap around the sides and top of head, including hair
- must have a plain, light-coloured background with a strong contrast between the image and the background, with no shadows
- 2/3 of the photo must be of your head, including your hair. For comparison, if you were submitting a hard copy photo, your head in the photograph would need to be at least 30 mm (1 3/16") high; as an example, the image size could be 45 mm (1 3/4") wide by 57 mm (2 1/4") high.
- must be in focus, with no red-eye and no reflected light on the face
- must have your eyes open, no hair across your face or eyes, no sunglasses or hat
- must be showing eyes clearly through glasses, with no reflection
- must not be altered in any way
- must be a photo of you only (no group photos)
- must not be a photo of another photo or another piece of government photo ID
If you have any questions, are still looking for a passport photo, PAL photo, or maybe considering something else, send me a note, using the form below.